Teradyne Supply Line Engineer in Agoura Hills, California
We are the global test and automation specialists, powering next-generation technologies through sophisticated solutions. Behind every electronic device you use, Teradyne's test technology ensures your device works right the first time, every time! Our portfolio of automation solutions help manufacturers to develop and deliver products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Together, Teradyne (https://www.teradyne.com/) companies deliver manufacturing automation across industries and applications around the world!
Signal Delivery Supplier Quality Engineer – Signal Delivery is critical for transmitting and receiving signals to and from the customer devices, and the supplier quality engineer supporting this space is integral in ensuring we Teradyne can achieve the highest degree of quality, cost and reliability from our signal delivery assemblies.
• Works with internal engineering organizations to influence product design and specifications early in the design cycle to minimize cost while maximizing supply chain flexibility and long-term quality.
• Identifies high-risk components/suppliers in the new product development process. In conjunction with commodity team and design group works to develop risk avoidance or mitigation plans. May execute shift in supplier strategy based on risk factors.
• Manages supplier tooling and test process development to ensure the supplier has the capacity, flexibility, and quality gates in place to allow for uninterrupted supply in high volume manufacturing.
• Provides guidance to engineering groups with the identification of mainstream technologies which support new product performance and cost targets as well as assists in directing sourcing.
• Manages technical aspects of the Supplier Process Audit and Qualification Process. Responsible for the assessment of suppliers including evaluation of reliability, design validity, process capability and capacity evaluations.
• Drives gage R&R studies with suppliers on complex mechanical and electrical test fixtures.
• Works with suppliers to execute part qualification processes aligned with the complexity of various parts.
• Responsible for driving root cause analysis and corrective actions for supplier quality issues, issuing, and driving 8D activities where necessary.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills using quality mathematics
• Experienced with Six Sigma tools (control plans, process capability, PFMEA, Gage R&R, SPC)
• The ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Ability to travel up to 15% both domestic and international
• Working level knowledge of the science of soldering, solder process controls
• Understanding of basic signal transmission concepts (impedance, insertion loss, return loss)
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification
• Experience with mechanical fixture design (poke yoke tooling)
• Manufacturing experience with complex electro-mechanical design
• BS in mechanical, manufacturing, or electrical engineering
• 5+ years of process development experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
Current openings may involve access to export controlled technology and may be subject to export licensing requirements prior to employment. ATTENTION APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: If you’re unable to access our on-line application due to a disability you may visit one of our locations or our Corporate Office at 600 Riverpark Drive, North Reading, MA and request a paper application form. In addition, you may also contact the HR Service Center at 978-370-3041 or contact them at HR.Service.Center@teradyne.com for additional assistance. LitePoint, a Teradyne Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.