Teradyne Project Manager in North Reading, Massachusetts
We are the global test and automation specialists, powering next-generation technologies through sophisticated solutions. Behind every electronic device you use, Teradyne's test technology ensures your device works right the first time, every time! Our portfolio of automation solutions help manufacturers to develop and deliver products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Together, Teradyne (https://www.teradyne.com/) companies deliver manufacturing automation across industries and applications around the world!
Organization & Role
Teradyne needs talented people to drive our new products through face-paced development cycle! Our Storage Test customers depend on Teradyne to deliver customized solutions for system-level device testing. You will be responsible for managing the New Product Operations team to transition our new products from prototype to production release in a fast-paced development cycle. Our Storage Test solutions have a large mechanical content but also include automation and electrical features. Prototype work is executed on-site in North Reading, giving you the opportunity to have hands-on experience in manufacturing a product. Transfer of the product to production Low Cost Region suppliers allows opportunity for travel overseas. System-Level Test solutions are customer device-based, creating continuous new solutions and new products to enable quick customer ramp of semiconductor devices to the market.
• Owner of new project strategy for Supply Chain, Cost, Planning, Buying, Manufacturing processes and High Volume Product introduction. Operations strategy includes project headcount, project spend, project schedule and risk management.
• Representation of the Operations New Product Introduction team to enable required NPI deliverables, escalations, and risks at the project level.
• Coordinating all NPI activities to integrate with functional groups including Design Engineering, Supply Base Management, Test Development Engineering and Operations for a successful new product transfer.
• Responsible for first build, subsequent builds, and production build strategies, including capacity/resource planning.
• Collaborating with each functional group to identify, prioritize, and act on meeting project timelines and risk management.
• Fostering communications with the cost manager and Supply Line groups to develop, analyze, monitor, and meet cost structures and models.
• Lead the NPI Operations team and the Contract Manufacturer in developing and implementing product transfer plans to the low-cost region contract manufacturers.
• Ensuring deliverables met to enable smooth transfer of New Product to High Volume team
Basic Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum 5 - 10 years of Operations experience in an engineering and/or project management role
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
• Working knowledge of inventory, capacity, material gathering, engineering, and finance aspects of manufacturing and outsourcing of electromechanical systems and PCBAs.
• ITAR clearance required
- A Bachelors degree is desired or equivalent work experience in an Operations role.
Current openings may involve access to export controlled technology and may be subject to export licensing requirements prior to employment. ATTENTION APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: If you’re unable to access our on-line application due to a disability you may visit one of our locations or our Corporate Office at 600 Riverpark Drive, North Reading, MA and request a paper application form. In addition, you may also contact the HR Service Center at 978-370-3041 or contact them at HR.Service.Center@teradyne.com for additional assistance. LitePoint, a Teradyne Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.