Teradyne NPI Operations Project Manager in San Jose, California
We are the global test and automation specialists, powering next-generation technologies through sophisticated solutions. Behind every electronic device you use, Teradyne's test technology ensures your device works right the first time, every time! Our portfolio of automation solutions help manufacturers to develop and deliver products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Together, Teradyne (https://www.teradyne.com/) companies deliver manufacturing automation across industries and applications around the world!
Organization & Role
Nextest a division of Teradyne is the market leader in Semiconductor Memory Test. The memory in your computer, cell phone, or tablet was likely tested using our equipment. These multi-million dollar systems involve leading edge electronics, mechanical packaging, active cooling, and complex software. As a NPI Operations Project Manager, you will drive new products through face-paced development cycle. You will have an opportunity to have hands-on experience in manufacturing a product, transfer of the product to low cost region suppliers and working with a diverse cross functional team. If you enjoy a challenge, learning new things and driving group success, you will fit right in.
• Lead all aspects of NPI operations from project headcount, project spend, project schedule, team meetings and risk management.
• Work closely with cross functional teams from Supply Chain, Cost, Planning, Manufacturing, Test and own the transition of product from launch to high volume manufacturing.
• Responsible for first build, subsequent builds, and production build strategies, including capacity/resource planning
• Collaborating with each functional group to identify, prioritize, and act on meeting project timelines and risk management.
• Fostering communications with the cost manager and Supply Line groups to develop, analyze, monitor, and meet cost structures and models.
• Lead the NPI Operations team and the Contract Manufacturer in developing and implementing product transfer plans to the low-cost region contract manufacturers.
• Ensuring deliverables met to enable smooth transfer of New Product to High Volume team
Basic Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum 2-3 years of Operations experience in an engineering and/or project management role
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
• Working knowledge of inventory, capacity, material gathering, engineering, and finance aspects of manufacturing and outsourcing of electromechanical systems and PCBAs.
• A Bachelors degree is desired or equivalent work experience in an Operations role.
Current openings may involve access to export controlled technology and may be subject to export licensing requirements prior to employment. ATTENTION APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: If you’re unable to access our on-line application due to a disability you may visit one of our locations or our Corporate Office at 600 Riverpark Drive, North Reading, MA and request a paper application form. In addition, you may also contact the HR Service Center at 978-370-3041 or contact them at HR.Service.Center@teradyne.com for additional assistance. LitePoint, a Teradyne Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.